2012年10月17日 星期三

Parrot Diets Importance - Home

One of the most important parts of being a bird owner is the parrot diets. For more than 12 years Ive been a parrot owner and because of that Ive tried feeding my parrots with various foods. Some diets went good and some went not quite so well. Anyways, Ive leanred quite some things during my time as a parrot owners and thus I want to share my experiences with you in this article.

Premix all food that you feed your parrots. They are very picky eaters and therefore they will not eat everything unless you premix the food. Also, whether they like it or not bean and seeds are one of the most important parts of parrot diets. They must be feuded with this every day. Either cooked or sprouted. Some food such as navy and fava must be cooked before you feed your parrot with it.Remember to clean your parrots feed tray regularly, especially for old sprouted beans since they have a tendency to develop bacteria if they lie there for too long.

Whole grains are an important part of any parrot diet too. Feed your parrot with whole grains such as brown rich around 5 days every week.Fruit is a treat all parrots enjoy but only feed them with fruit a few times every week. Its important that they get more heavy food too such as brown rice. When getting fruit for your parrot, try to find exotic fruit that they would eat where they come from anyways. For instance, I feed my African Grey with dragon fruit. This is because my parrot originally comes from the African rain forests and therefore the food seems natural to it. Parrots prefer food from where they originates from.

During my parrot owner years Ive made lots of mistakes too of course. But I rarely do it anymore. I hope you learned something by reading this article. Have a good day!





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

沒有留言:

張貼留言